Bao Sanniang's Spinner. AX 2011

Had to make my girlfriend some crazy DOOM yo-yo for her Dynasty Warriors 7 cosplay of Bao Sanniang.



Started out by making a circle cutting tool for my band saw. I did this by taking the miter gauge's rail and gluing it to a piece of plywood then drilling a hole into the wood. Next I used a bolt to put through the hole and BAM by drilling a hole into a piece of wood I could make perfect circles by rotating it around the bolt. Sooooo cool and something I would use again and again.



I did this 6 times. I wound up cutting a ring, a disc and beveled disc for each half of the yo-yo (spinner). I then cut the blades from sintra (expanded PVC foam) as well as the platforms I would eventually sculpt my detailing from.



I used plastic dinner plates as the dome shapes of the spinner. I had to grind down the raised bottoms of the plates to make them look a little bit less like dinner plates.



I secured the two halves with a bolt and some nuts. The string can extend and retract so it can be carried with an extended rope or retracted for ease of use.



Next I would sculpt some details from Aves's Apoxi Sculpt and place it onto the spinner.



Then I added a handle and a paintjob and it was done. Thanks for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment